William (Bill) Lucas | Co-Chair
Dr. Lucas’ research program is focused on the role of the vascular system in coordinating the plant’s response to abiotic and biotic stresses, the function of plasmodesmata in cell-to-cell communication in processes associated with plant development and viral defense, and functional genomics approaches using the cucurbits to explore a broad range of areas, including crop domestication and adaptation to environmental inputs such as nutrient limitations with a focus on phosphorus.
PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIETAL MEMBERSHIPS
- American Society of Plant Biologists
- Australian Society of Plant Scientists
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Plant Cell; Editor (2003-2005) and Senior Editor (2006-2015)
- Journal of Integrative Plant Biology; Senior Editor (2007-2016), Co-Editor-in-Chief (2017-2018)