Associate Professor, Department of Plant Science
Dr. Singh’s research program is focused on:
- Development of new molecular breeding and genomics tools for enhancing value of cereals and grasses.
- Exploration of cultivated and wild germplasm for the identification of novel genes, suitable for the next generation of crop plants
- Epigenetic regulation of transposable elements, stress responses and grain development.
- Genetic regulation of beta-glucan (Dietary Fiber) in cereal grains.
- Overall objective of program is the development of future generation of crop plants by coupling plant breeding, genomics, gene-editing, epigenetics and molecular biology
Professional & Societal Memberships
- The Canadian Society of Agronomy (President, 2018-19)
- Plant Canada (Board Member, 2018-2020)
- The Canadian Society of Plant Biologists (Chair, Gleb Krotkov award committee, 2018-19)
- The American Society of Plant Biologists (Member, Corresponding Member Award Committee, 2019-2023)
- National Association of Plant Breeders (Member)