Dr. Strydhorst’s research is focused on: (i) maximizing the genetic potential of cereal cultivars by using cultivar-specific agronomic management; (ii) advancing agronomic practices, including nitrogen fertility, plant growth regulators and foliar fungicides; (iii) studying different responses of these agronomic practices on various wheat cultivars; and (iv) enhancing the profitability and competitiveness of Canadian agricultural crop producers through implementing on-farm practices.
Professional & Societal Memberships
- Canadian Society of Agronomy, President-Elect
- American Society of Agronomy
- Prairie Grains Development Committee
- Alberta Regional Variety Advisory Committee
- Wheat Initiative – Agronomy Expert Working Group Member